Al Forsan International Sports Resort is the first in the Middle East to introduce the water cable park system.
It is a huge overhead cable erected around the banks of the purpose-built ‘pro’ and ‘beginner’ lakes. The cable travels between 29 to 38kph (depending on the level of experience), pulling participants around the lake on their chosen board or ski ie. wakeboard, wake skate, knee boards, mono ski or water ski.
The cable system can accommodate multiple riders at a time (13 per minute), providing the participants more action and less waiting time.
Referred by the WWA (World Wakeboarding Association) as "one of the most amazing Cable Facilities in the World”, it will not be long before Al Forsan International Sports Resort hosts the most popular wakeboarding events on the international calendar. These events will bring to the Resort the hottest wakeboarding talent from around the globe to experience the venue.
- Lake Pool
Facilities and services include:
- Lessons for beginners and professionals
- 1 x 4 person 6 mast cableway for beginners and intermediates
- 1 x 7 person pro lake for intermediate and advanced riders. The lake features the best obstacles on the market for extreme action and training for those aspiring to be a professional wakeboarder
- Pro Shop equipped for renting and buying water sport accessories and showcases the best water sports brands in the world
- Full changing room facilities
- The cable system has been comprehensively designed and engineered to guarantee the highest safety, efficiency of operation and enjoyment for the wakeboarder or skier
- Fully qualified lifeguards and instructors
- Safety equipment is provided for all riders including helmet, life jacket and boards